Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Walk Away

Everyone has that friend.
Always correcting everyone.
Even if it's not factually-based conversation.
They lead their opinionated responses with "No, because..."
Drives me mad.

It was only after the umpteenth time that I stood back and watched it happen.
Realized it was the same equation pumping out the same results.
Civil banter + friend who feels the need to correct everyone = Volcano of anger
Now typically I've taught myself to take that anger and simply shove it deep, deep down.
Apparently that's not healthy or whatever.




How do we deal with people like this?
You don't.
Let them correct you all the time. Be the bigger person.

Don't think of it as taking it lying down.
Think of it as letting a friend feel smart.
God knows, that's what they're looking for in the first place.
Don't argue; you'll only be stoking the flames, my friend.

Except when it comes to grammar.
Get your shit together, people.

Lates, Tyler

No comments:

Post a Comment